1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The tax bill.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
The kitchen. We shared the cooking, set the table all nice with the Japanese settings and had a lovely time.
3. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Snuggling in bed with my Mate
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Switzerland has a different schooling system so it's hard to tell, what we called Collège/ Gymnase I did in Geneva, But I got my degree in Neuchâtel
5. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was the one on top of the pile in the drawer. It's Saturday and I don't have anywhere to go except the shop so I don't really care beyond the fact it's clean and warm enough.
6. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Having no car I don't really think about them much. Well except when we get the heating bill and I have a heart attack.
7. First thought(s) when the alarm went off this morning?
Awww, how adorable.
Well, it being Saturday and all, the mechanical alarm didn't ring, but the biological one decided it was breakfast time and sat on me and purred until I got up and fed it.
8. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Mate in bed with me' - Check
Kitty on foot of bed with us? - Check
9. Do you miss being a child?
No. I hated the dependency of it. It's not that I was unhappy, I had a wonderful childhood and I always knew I was loved. But I just hated being dependant on adults for everything.
10. What errand/chore do you despise?
11. Get up early or sleep in?
Early usually, I may go back to bed later for a snuggle or read in the warmth, but I am to used to getting up early in the morning to be able to sleep in.
12. Have you found real love yet?
13. Favorite lunch meat:
Lunch meat? Is that the same as charcuterie? Having checked google it looks like it is. I don't usually like the cooked ones much, I like dried beef and dry cured ham better.
14. What do you get every time you go to the supermarket?
These days, Kitty litter.
15. Beach or lake?
Lake beach? I live in a landlocked country, lakes are the only bodies of water easily available to me most of the time. Though I prefer boating to bathing. Then again, on the occasion we get to the sea, the same preference holds there as well as in general I hate sitting in hot sun getting burnt.
I do love to watch the lake though, especially in really windy weather. I've not had so much exposure to the sea, and at that It's been mainly the Mediterranean, and that's even tamer than our lake here.
16. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No, marriage is a contract that binds the participants as next of kin. This will always remain important.
17. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Never heard of sopranos, have heard of but never seen desperate housewives... So I'll take a joker on this one.
18.What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
Dinner is for nice conversation and appreciation of good food and enjoyable company. I just can't see really having a nice time with a famous person.
If they were someone famous but that I don't appreciate I would be bored, and if it's someone I admire I would be too in awe to enjoy properly. I can also be quite insecure in such situation and I'd be afraid I was boring them.
-- Addendum after my mate saw this: A really good chef. The dinner is bound to be good and can be the subject of a really good conversation. And letting him/her talk would net me loads of lovely cooking ideas.
19. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
I don't drive. I did one ride my bicycle through a puddle that tuned out to be a waist deep pot hole, but that's the worst that has ever happened to me.
20. Ever use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
No. Nor for any other purpose for that matter.
21. Ring tone?
Brrrr Brrrr. Plain and I can hear it.
22. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
In a barn.
23. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
All of it.
24. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Neither. I am quite happy with both. If I really have to I would to give up one or the other, the career goes.
25. How old are you?
26. Do you have a go-to person?
Not really, I can manage most things myself, or as team with my Mate.
27. Are you where you want to be in life?
Close. I wouldn't mind a smidgen more financial security, but otherwise I'm happy with where i am.
28. Growing up, what were your favourite cartoons?
Well, when I was really small daytime TV was not a big thing in Europe. And the TV was mainly for the adults. By the age of seven I was a Start Trek fan. The cartoons available on Saturday morning (1 hour, in original version on the Swiss Italien channel) where "adult" one Bugs Bunny, Heckle & Jeckel, Tom & Jerry.
29. What about you do you think has changed the most?
I have mellowed out a bit, I still don't suffer fools gladly, but I have managed to acquire a modicum of tact on the way.
30. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
NO! I hated that time period. Loathed, detested and I think I'd rather be confined to the nether pits of the worst possible afterlife than do it again.
On reflection, that would be the most horrible form of afterlife punishment you could devise for me.
31. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Sometimes. Strangely when I am doing something quite grow-up. I get flashes of feeling that I am just a child play-acting at this activity.
32. Did you ever own troll dolls?
No, they didn't catch on here.
33. Did you have a pager?
No. Cell phone is bad enough
34. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
I didn't hang out as a teenager. I didn't get on with my peer all that well. The one summer I tried ended in disaster.
When I started post obligatory school it was better as my schoolmates where much more like me. But by then I was a bit soured on all this and I lived quite a way from the school so opportunities for after class social activities were limited.
35. Were you the type of kid you would want your children to hang out with?
That's a tricky question. I would like to think that my hypothetical kids would enjoy the company of someone like me. But I was so lonely in school, that I would hate to have my kids in the "excluded and laughed at nerds" group. And children are so exclusive that you can be in the "in" group and have lots of friends and be in the nerd bunch as well.